Exotic raw night!
I deliberately waited to create my smoothie near dinner time for the following reasons:
- I wanted to observe if I the drink alone would satisfied my stomach enough, or if I would feel hungry later for more food. I am not using this drink as a meal replacement intentionally, this is just an observation.
- Because I have felt energetic each day (save the one sick day) would drinking the raw vegetable beverage disrupt my sleep in any way?
Because I was drinking possibly my dinner, I made my choices of veggies based on color, desire and availability. I have not made a drink with some of these veggies before so it was a gamble as to how it would taste. Shockingly, it didn’t have a strong taste at all. In fact it was pleasant. The only nuisance was that I had to keep adding water to my glass and shaking it to distribute because it was too thick and wouldn’t come out of the opening. This is obviously due to my over-filling the Ninja container too full of food. No worries, I can deal with it.
- 1 Beet chopped from the stalks
- All the beet leaves minus the stems
- 2 Curly Kale leaves minus stems
- A few sprigs of Curly Parsley
- A few remaining sunflower sprouts
- Handful of Dandelion leaves
- Small handful of Arugula
- 1 Large Carrot
- Filtered Water
I will have the answer to my above questions and any other observations that I notice in the Day 8 blog.